|From:||Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>|
|Subject:||Re: A Japanese-unfriendy error message contruction|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Hello. Here is the patch set.
At Wed, 23 May 2018 11:20:24 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote in <4979(dot)1527088824(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
> After thinking about this some more, I'd like to propose that we change
> the English output to be "column COLNAME of <relation>", using code
> similar to what you suggested for O_POLICY etc. I know that I've been
> momentarily confused more than once by looking at obj_description output
> and thinking "what, the whole relation depends on this? ... oh, no, it's
> just the one column". It would be better if the head-word were "column".
> If that leads to better translations in other languages, fine, but in
> any case this'd be an improvement for English.
> > I'll clean-up the two thinkgs and post the result later.
> OK, I'll await your patch before doing more here.
Constraints also have namespace but I understand it is just a
decoration so I left it alone.
1. Remove tranlation obstracles.
2. Show qualified names for all possible object types.
3. Changes "relation R column C" to "column C of relation R".
Extended statistics's name qualification is not excercised in the
current regression test.
I found that the last one you sugeested makes error messages far
cleaner, easy to grasp the meaning at a glance.
NTT Open Source Software Center
|Next Message||Tom Lane||2018-05-24 13:52:31||Re: Function Overloading|
|Previous Message||Marina Polyakova||2018-05-24 13:00:33||Re: WIP Patch: Precalculate stable functions, infrastructure v1|