Re: parallel.c is not marked as test covered

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Clément Prévost <prevostclement(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: parallel.c is not marked as test covered
Date: 2016-05-09 14:50:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2016-05-08 22:20:55 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Rowley wrote:
>
> > I'm not entirely sure which machine generates that coverage output,
> > but the problem with it is that it's just one machine. We do have at
> > least one buildfarm member which runs with force_parallel_mode =
> > regress.
>
> It's not a buildfarm machine, but a machine setup specifically for
> coverage reports. It runs "make check-world" only. I can add some
> additional command(s) to run, if somebody can suggest something.

I think it's a good idea to run a force-parallel run on some buildfarm
members. But I'm rather convinced that the core tests run by all animals
need some minimal coverage of parallel queries. Both because otherwise
it'll be hard to get some coverage of unusual platforms, and because
it's imo something rather relevant to test during development.

- Andres