Re: Poor Yum User Download Experience

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Poor Yum User Download Experience
Date: 2010-06-30 16:12:28
Lists: pgsql-www

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce if would mind keeping a grain of truth in what is actually going
> on I would appreciate it. CMD has gone to great lengths, extreme lengths
> to address every single concern that has come across the table on the
> pgsqlrpms site.
>
> The main problem here is you are ignorant of how RPM/YUM works. Which is
> why you say things like, "What kind of letter is P".

Amazing you remember that item, but none of the other more substantive
items I mentioned in the thread that started here (and which you were
CC'ed on):

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2010-06/msg00040.php

Things like broken links, an RPM page labeled 9.0 when it was for all PG
versions, and 8.4 labeled as "New release. Test before you upgrade".
How much more specific do you want? Care to respond to _any_ of those
other issues?

So, let's look at the process:

o I send an email stating serious problems and CC you
o Nothing changes
o I ask again
o You complain that I am concerned about the letter "P"
o I have to restate all my complaints and justify myself

I can only conclude that you don't really want to hear any of the valid
concerns I have, which is why I said the community either has to accept
that Command Prompt isn't interested in improving things in a timely
manner, or we have to look for another RPM supplier.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com