Re: Reset ACL to default for pg 8.0

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Juan C(dot) Aragon" <juan(at)keisercomputers(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reset ACL to default for pg 8.0
Date: 2010-04-16 00:39:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Juan C. Aragon wrote:
> Thanks Bruce for replying.
>
> The ACL is display in the PgAdmin tool for Windows on the properties for a
> table or function. ACL is the Privileges. By default, when you create a new
> function or table, the ACL is null. However, if you add some privileges, and
> then remove all, the ACL is not longer null, it displays the brackets {}.

I can reproduce your reported behavior in psql, which I admit is odd:

	test=> create table test(x int);
	CREATE TABLE
	test=> \pset null '(null)'
	Null display is "(null)".
	test=> grant all on test to postgres;
	GRANT
	test=> revoke all on test from postgres;
	REVOKE
	test=> select relacl from pg_class where relname = 'test';
	 relacl
	--------
	 {}
	(1 row)

Community, do we want to make a permission reset cause the column to
become null?

> I just need to know if the brackets are normal when all the privileges are
> remove. Or how to reset the privileges (ACL) to default (null).

They are the same.