Re: Possible simple enhancement

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Roger Niederland <roger(at)niederland(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Possible simple enhancement
Date: 2009-09-12 12:49:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Le mercredi 9 septembre 2009 à 20:46:00, Roger Niederland a écrit :
> First of all thanks for PGAdmin I've been using it for years now.

:)

> One small enhancement that would be very useful is:
>
> When viewing the Statistics tab for the server where the Current
> Executing Queries is available (along with the current user, database
> etc..) It would be good to be able to copy the sql of a current query. I
> realize that it is impractical to show the full query sql (and do not want
> this). But I would like to be able to copy the "full sql" of the current
> query. I know that I can log long running queries, but feel it would be
> useful to copy the query from the statistics, so I can paste it into a
> query window for further analysis.

It's already possible in 1.10, but it copies the whole line (not only the
query). Anyways, that's one item on my todolist. We also want to be able to
launch the query tool with this query (see
http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/9). I hope all of these will be in 1.12.

Thanks for your report.

--
Guillaume.