Re: Consistent company naming in training list..

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Consistent company naming in training list..
Date: 2008-12-31 21:09:05
Lists: pgsql-www

On Monday 29 December 2008 10:00:29 Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that in the list of companies offering training, there are some
> variations in company name. These variations result in front-page
> listings like this:
>
> There are 44 training events in 3 countries scheduled over the next six
> months from CertFirst Integrated Knowledge Solutions, CERTFIRST
> INTEGRATED KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS and others.
>
> Where a single company might be listed multiple times. Can someone fix
> this?

Yeah, we've discussed this, and I thought someone had done some work on it
(and emailed certfirst about it)... maybe stefan?

There has been some talk that we should change the training section to require
people to register thier companies before posting training (like we do with
products) but I don't think anyone has activly worked on it.

> As a side note, the excessive use of capitalization on the course
> listing page is somewhat annoying...not sure if anyone else agrees..or
> if something can be done about that. :-)

+1 :-)

> On another note, I think it would be beneficial to consumers if the
> listing of upcoming events provided the price being charged for the
> event as well... It seems like location, price, and date are the three
> most important components. We have 2 of them, but not the third.

Well, you can always add that information into the description. We can
certainly make an optional field for that, not sure how others feel about
making it mandatory (some pricing structures might display badley... ie.
someone charges more but includes airfare/hotel with the cost).

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net