Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org
Date: 2007-09-06 13:22:05
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 02:34:54PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Marc,
>
> I've installed subversion (using pkg_add) on anoncvs.postgresql.org and
> added a bunch of "vital files" to autobackup. Please check and add any more
> files that should be there. (I just took it from whatever I found on the
> main cvs server, so it's probably different)
>
> Per previous email, I've enabled rsync on port 443 for the poor people from
> Sun who have evil firewalls.
>
> Also, wasn't the plan to move cvsup there as well? Any status on when that
> can happen?
>
> When can we expect sudo to be installed with the proper config for
> managers (incl accounts)?
>
> Finally, when can we expect some basic documentation of how the machine is
> set up? I have not documented the changes I did as stated above, since there
> is nowhere to document them yet. So please include them from the beginning.
>
> I notice the machine went into production already before we had docs - so
> it's fairly urgent now. We do have a policy of not bringing undocumented
> machines into production these days....

FYI, I've also updated the server list since it said that the new anoncvs
machine wasn't in use yet.

Is svr4 all dead now? I think you said so - in that case, it needs to be
wiped (it can still be pinged :-P), and it needs to be removed from the
documentation (which claims it's still the master ftp site?)

//Magnus