Re: ecpg: HOW TO READ RECORD ??

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Roger Moloney <ramoloney(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ecpg: HOW TO READ RECORD ??
Date: 2007-08-25 09:21:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 02:55:10PM +0000, Roger Moloney wrote:
> I'm having trouble trying to get embedded SQL to read the result of a
> plpgsql function which returns RECORD or SETOF RECORD.
> WHAT SHOULD THE ECPG PROGRAM LOOK LIKE THAT CAN READ THE DATA RETURNED ?

Any reason to shout? :-)

You call that function with a select, right? So where's the difference
between the handling of a "normal" select that returns more than one
tuple (e.g. in preproc/define.pgc) and yours?

Or what am I misunderstanding here?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org