Re: various spam

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: various spam
Date: 2007-06-08 16:15:51
Lists: pgsql-www

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:55:49AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Is there not some standard keywords within the post that we can block?
>
> We're already getting sort of bitten by this; so I'd sort of prefer
> not. If these messages don't set off whatever antispam system we've
> in place (and we must have one, because I don't see _that_ much spam
> in the stuff I have to moderate), then I think the processing will be
> too costly.

I don't think this is worth the trouble. It took me 20 seconds to
reject the first 5 messages, and another 10 seconds to reject the
following 5. And I didn't even care to check whether some of these were
already rejected by someone else (the replies from Majordomo told me
that some were), because it was pretty obvious that they were not valid
for these lists.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
Management by consensus: I have decided; you concede.