Re: various spam

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: various spam
Date: 2007-06-08 17:59:22
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:15:51PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I don't think this is worth the trouble. It took me 20 seconds to
> reject the first 5 messages, and another 10 seconds to reject the
> following 5.

Right, I don't think it's that it's so much work now. When I've been
in newsgroups where this started to happen, though, in short order
there were hundreds of these things. They seem to be a DoS on
Usenet, because clueless people cross-post from all the other listed
groups. That's mostly what I was worried about. Anyway, we've
probably already spent more time discussing it than just dealing with
it will take :-/

When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do sir?
--attr. John Maynard Keynes