Re: various spam

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: various spam
Date: 2007-06-08 16:04:04
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:55:49AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Is there not some standard keywords within the post that we can block?

We're already getting sort of bitten by this; so I'd sort of prefer
not. If these messages don't set off whatever antispam system we've
in place (and we must have one, because I don't see _that_ much spam
in the stuff I have to moderate), then I think the processing will be
too costly.

> Or even a specific phrase? Or block the email addresses?

I'll have a look at the email addresses and see if they're
consistent. They're often forged, though.

I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to. That actually seems sort of quaint now.
--J.D. Baldwin