Re: PgFoundry Move

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 20:33:17
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, David Fetter wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 02:59:29PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Not sure where this email came from, but JoshB has gone to the
>> trouble of setting up a new server for pgFoundry, and when that is
>> ready, it will be moved there ...
>>
>> Is there a problem that I haven't been informed of with the server
>> it is currently running on?
>
> There are several problems, but I'll stick to the systemic one that
> such a move can address. Right now, there is exactly one very
> hard-working person, Sean Chittenden, who can put his hands on the
> hardware when needed. This is a fragile situation, and it's already
> cost months of effort because Sean can't put the pgFoundry machine's
> welfare ahead of everything else in his life.
>
> Command Prompt has people on call 24/7, and Josh Drake has mentioned
> to me that their absolute worst situation so far resulted in four
> hours of downtime.

If its a matter of time on Sean's part, can we ship the server up to
Joshua to put onto their network?

My one criteria in all of this, from day one, was that it had to be
FreeBSD based, it has to be redundant with our current *core*
infrastructure ... as JoshB has stated in the past, he's sunk personal
money into the server *for* pgFoundry, so just 'ditching' that server,
IMHO, seems to be a no-op ...

----