Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: PgFoundry Move

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-17 18:11:11
Lists: pgsql-www

Guys,

As the person who put $900 of his personal money into the server we're
working on, let me say that I'm in favor of *whatever* gets pgFoundry
moved to a new, fast, dedicated machine -- especially if it can be done
using the time of people who aren't taking that time away from other
community tasks.

Please let me know, though, *before* I fork out $230 for another HDD for
this machine, thanks.

JD, I think, though, that you may be underestimating the rather involved
nature of a GForge install. Especially if we want to provide
semi-secure "sandboxes" for the projects, which was one of the goals of
moving to a new machine.

If we put pgFoundry somewhere else, I'm sure we can find a place for
another fast FBSD6 machine in the network of PostgreSQL servers.

--Josh