Re: PsqlODBC slow on UNION queries

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor(at)dunaweb(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PsqlODBC slow on UNION queries
Date: 2006-01-11 08:32:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> >I forgot. Feel free to send the mylog output here to list. We can
> >help you to decode it ;-)
>
> I will, when I am back to my workplace.
>
> In the meantime, I have set MyLog on in WinXP under VMWare here,
> but Access produced some 120+ MB log and it wasn't even finished
> reading the records... I didn't feel like I have to send it to the list. ;-)
> Anyway, it turned out it used DECLARE CURSOR and it fetched
> 100 records at a time.

Ufff. What tons of records do you get? BTW could you compile psqlODBC
from source code? It is possible to disable mylog output in function
CC_mapping (it's per record mylog for problems with encoding). I think
you don't have such a problem so there is no problem to comment out
mylog(...) calls from CC_mapping. This results in much smaller mylog
output.

Regards,

Luf