Re: PsqlODBC slow on UNION queries

From: Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor(at)dunaweb(dot)hu>
To: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PsqlODBC slow on UNION queries
Date: 2006-01-11 09:53:20
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ludek Finstrle írta:

>>>I forgot. Feel free to send the mylog output here to list. We can
>>>help you to decode it ;-)
>>>

>>I will, when I am back to my workplace.
>>
>>In the meantime, I have set MyLog on in WinXP under VMWare here,
>>but Access produced some 120+ MB log and it wasn't even finished
>>reading the records... I didn't feel like I have to send it to the list. ;-)
>>Anyway, it turned out it used DECLARE CURSOR and it fetched
>>100 records at a time.
>>

>Ufff. What tons of records do you get? BTW could you compile psqlODBC

About 86000 records and I found every fields in every records logged, too.

>from source code? It is possible to disable mylog output in function

I can, but not on Windows. I can take the postgresql-odbc src.rpm
from RedHat Rawhide and replace the source TGZ with the current
CVS snapshot. In fact, I have done it several times, to test my Linux apps
against the "official" ODBC driver instead of the ones that come with
unixODBC.
But that doesn't help me under Windows. :-) I don't have VC++.

>CC_mapping (it's per record mylog for problems with encoding). I think
>you don't have such a problem so there is no problem to comment out
>mylog(...) calls from CC_mapping. This results in much smaller mylog
>output.
>
>Regards,
>
>Luf

Best regards,