Re: 2 forks for md5?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2 forks for md5?
Date: 2005-09-22 23:20:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Tom Lane said:
> > Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> >> I turned on passwords and did see duplicate connections:
> >
> >> LOG: connection received: host=[local]
> >> LOG: connection received: host=[local]
> >> LOG: connection authorized: user=postgres database=test
> >> LOG: disconnection: session time: 0:00:00.61 user=postgres
> >> database=test host=[local]
> >

> > One answer is to downgrade the "connection received" to a DEBUGn
> > message, so that it's only seen by those who presumably have something
> > of a clue. I don't really care for this, but you could certainly argue
> > that the other messages are sufficient for normal purposes.
>

> Why not INFO?

Yea, we could do that, but does it make sense to downgrade the
connection message, especially since the "connection authorized" message
doesn't contain the hostname. We would have to add the host name to the
"connection authorized" message and at that point there is little need
for the "connection received" message.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us