Re: pg_dumpall problem - duplicated users

From: "Bartek GRUbY" <grubby(at)epf(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall problem - duplicated users
Date: 2005-09-01 13:42:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
i have similar problem - can't make dumps of any db with the same error message (and all applications using this pg server works fine) . But in my case, i think, only user 'postgres' is duplicated:

template1=> select * from pg_catalog.pg_shadow where usename = 'postgres';
usename | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | usecatupd | passwd | valuntil | useconfig
----------+----------+-------------+----------+-----------+-------------------------------------+----------+-----------
postgres | 1 | t | t | t | | |
postgres | 1 | t | t | t | md5c084502ed11efa9d3d96d29717a5e555 | |
(2 rows)

template1=> select * from pg_namespace ;
nspname | nspowner | nspacl
pg_catalog | 1 | {=U}
pg_toast | 1 | {=}
public | 1 | {=UC}
pg_temp_1 | 1 |
(4 rows)

And every change i made to user postgres has effect to the one with passwd set. I can delete only him too. Someone can help? Im running out of time so every advice will be appreciated. Maybe someone know how to delete whole pg_shadow table and create users on db with no users at all (cause pg_shadow will be empty :).

Thanks for any (and quick :) help,
greetings,

Bartek