Reg:Connection Object

From: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "postgre" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
Subject: Reg:Connection Object
Date: 2005-09-01 10:42:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
How to pass connection object across the functions.So that there is no need for me to connect to postgres database in each and every function.

For Ex:If i have say 3 functions:

One function i use to connect to the database.

In the other function, if i want to creat a table ...I need this persistant connection object which holds the details of the dbname and user etc.

Pls..help me in solving this.
Thank you very much

Regards,
Sandhya R