Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-13 14:31:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Dan Langille wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> Except that "Have Replication" to those claiming 'No Replicatin' means
>>> "Integrated with the Server", we still don't *have* Replication in their
>>> minds, no matter how many external projects that do it we mention ;(
>>
>> Both Joshua Drake and Marc sell commercial replication solutions. Do
>> you think it is fair of the community to mention BSD-licensed
>> replication solutions in our press release while not mentioning
>> commercial ones?
>>
>> I do.
>
> Bruce is not alone here. The community does not exist to promote
> commericial solutions.

Bruce is mis-representing the facts of this argument, and summarizing them
as he sees ... in fact, I believe the only one here that advocated *for*
promoting a commercial solution was Jan ... I know I didn't, I'm
advocating that this Press Release is for PostgreSQL RBMS 8.0.0, *not* for
Add On software (commercial *or* open source) ...

----