Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-13 14:55:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 8/13/2004 10:31 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Bruce is mis-representing the facts of this argument, and summarizing them
> as he sees ... in fact, I believe the only one here that advocated *for*
> promoting a commercial solution was Jan ... I know I didn't, I'm
> advocating that this Press Release is for PostgreSQL RBMS 8.0.0, *not* for
> Add On software (commercial *or* open source) ...

I am not advocating for promoting commercial software. I am for
addressing one of the most demanded features. If that means that we have
to list commercial products as well, I would accept that.

We have removed and are still in the process of removing more details
form the server project to gborg and pgfoundry. If that strategy is
extended to not talking about demanded features and functionality in our
press releases at all, I have to seriously rethink my position about
what should be included in our release and what not.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #