Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?
Date: 2004-07-12 00:19:22
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

New FAQ added:

<H4><A name="3.11">3.11</A>) What computer hardware should I use?</H4>

<P>Because PC hardware is mostly compatible, people tend to believe that
all PC hardware is of equal quality. It is not. ECC RAM, SCSI, and
quality motherboards are more reliable and have better performance than
less expensive hardware. PostgreSQL will run on almost any hardware,
but if you are building a server where reliability and performance are
concerns, it is wise to research your hardware options thoroughly. Our
email lists can be used to discuss hardware options and tradeoffs.</P>

Adjustments?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us