The big MySQL spin

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: The big MySQL spin
Date: 2004-03-11 02:11:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

No doubt some of you have seen this by now:

http://enterprise-linux-it.newsfactor.com/
story.xhtml?story_title=JBoss_and_MySQL_Join_Forces&story_id=23041

What I find fascinating is how MySQL manages to declare how autocratic they
are, and make it seem like a good thing.

With any other publication, I would try to contact them with a reaction to
this article. However, NewsFactor does not take feedback; one can't contact
the reporters and the editor(at)newsfactor(dot)com mail address goes straight to /
dev/null/

Thoughts? Should we just ignore it?

--
-Josh Berkus