Re: Slony-I makes progress

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slony-I makes progress
Date: 2004-03-04 19:15:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-hackers

Jan,

> What I am looking for is a super-comfortable GUI application that makes
> planning and configuring a master-cascaded-multislave replication system
> doable by everyone who can identify a clickable button.

I personally don't think that a GUI tool should be the province of the Slony
project. Seriously. I think that Slony should focus on a command-line api
and catalogs, and allow the existing GUI projects to build a slony-supporting
interface.

But I'll join the project and we can have this discussion there.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions