Re: 7.3.4 upgrade

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Carl Youngblood <carl(at)youngbloods(dot)org>
Cc: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org '" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.3.4 upgrade
Date: 2003-08-28 12:14:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Carl,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:54:39PM -0600, Carl Youngblood wrote:
> On a somewhat related note, have you considered setting up a
> cygwin-postgres wiki where most of the installation-related problems
> could be resolved without constant regurgitation on your part?

No. Sorry to be cynical, but if people don't read READMEs, search the
web, post instead of sending private email, etc., why would they find
and use a wiki? On the other hand, if I did a better job capturing
these problems, then I could just point people to a URL instead of
having to compose a more elaborate email response.

> I'm very appreciative of your willingness to help postgres users out,

Thanks.

> but I imagine it may get somewhat annoying after a while.

Yes.

> (especially with pesky people like myself.)

No need to worry -- I would not classify you as pesky.

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6