Re: running postgresql7.3.4 under windows

From: "Chigurupati, Prasad" <Prasad(dot)Chigurupati(at)intergraph(dot)com(dot)sg>
To: 'Jason Tishler' <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>, 'Toby Doig' <binky(at)flirble(dot)org>
Cc: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: running postgresql7.3.4 under windows
Date: 2003-08-29 02:00:02
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi All,
As per u r suggestions, i installed cygwin with postgresql prebuilt
bibaries, gcc in to my machine.
i set the environment variables also for gcc.
but when i am doing the "./configure --enable-multibyte --with-CXX
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
--docdir=/usr/doc/postgresql-$version" command, i am facing error msg as
"checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables".
here i strucked. from here on cannot make anything. since am following the
"Installation on Windows" document from postgis web site, i am confused what
to do .
am just born for Unix OS. and i didn't find any document to follow for
installation of cygwin comes with all binaries of postgresql,gcc. may be
b'ze of this am confusing..

so for this, i am requesting you guys to provide any links for docs to
follow for my above situation.
all existing docs r showing how to install cygwin,postgresql,gcc on windows
seperatly. but no docs to show how to make cygwin coming binaries of
postgresql,gcc and then later how to make postgis work.

Thanks in advance...

Rfds,
prasad.ch