Re: 7.3.4 upgrade

From: Carl Youngblood <carl(at)youngbloods(dot)org>
To: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org '" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.3.4 upgrade
Date: 2003-08-26 22:54:39
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I'm sorry if I sounded overly upset. My "shame on you" was really just
a joking "tisk tisk" kind of a complaint. I was referring specifically
to the person who said that no other steps were required for
installation besides just upgrading to the newer version with the cygwin
setup.

Anyway, thanks for the info. In my defense, I did do investigation
prior to upgrading. I investigated with the cygwin-postgres community.
Having been told I could upgrade without running into problems, I
naturally assumed that something out of the ordinary had occurred when I
actually ran into a problem, and defaulted to the obvious solution of
consulting the person who told me I wouldn't run into problems in the
first place.

On a somewhat related note, have you considered setting up a
cygwin-postgres wiki where most of the installation-related problems
could be resolved without constant regurgitation on your part? I'm very
appreciative of your willingness to help postgres users out, but I
imagine it may get somewhat annoying after a while. (especially with
pesky people like myself.)

Thanks,
Carl