Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres

From: Giles Lean <giles(at)nemeton(dot)com(dot)au>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Tim Perdue <tperdue(at)valinux(dot)com>, Benjamin Adida <ben(at)mit(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres
Date: 2000-07-05 09:41:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Someone want to give me an example of something that would be
> life-threatening that would run on a database?

Medical records: I've stored blood type, HIV status, general pathology
results, and radiology results in a database.

A government site I know about stores court records about domestic
violence orders. Access to this information is required on short
notice and its absence can definitely be life threatening.

Life-threatening doesn't have to be realtime.

Regards,

Giles