Re: Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support
Date: 2011-06-06 23:11:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
> On Fri, 13 May 2011 23:34:05 +0200, Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:
> [...]
>> I'd appreciate any reviews, tests or comments.
> As the current commitfest is getting more and more active recently i've
> rechecked my patch and updated it for code drift.
> No real changes.
> See http://www.piening.info/VS2010v7.patch

Please submit your patches on-list, not just by reference to some URL
somewhere. We have both legal and archival reasons for insisting on
that.

> The huge increase in size is due to running perltidy which also tidied
> up the new builddoc.pl which seems to have gotten in untidied.

Please do *not* submit a patch that combines actual reviewable changes
with something like that. It makes the reviewer's life harder and
doesn't have any counterbalancing benefit. You can either submit a
separate patch that tidies the existing code, or just request that some
committer do it.