Re: Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support

From: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support
Date: 2011-06-06 22:27:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 13 May 2011 23:34:05 +0200, Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:

[...]
> I'd appreciate any reviews, tests or comments.
As the current commitfest is getting more and more active recently i've
rechecked my patch and updated it for code drift.
No real changes.
See http://www.piening.info/VS2010v7.patch

The huge increase in size is due to running perltidy which also tidied
up the new builddoc.pl which seems to have gotten in untidied.

In a working Windows build environment all you have to do to test this
patch is
1. Download Windows SDK v7.1 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=6b6c21d2-2006-4afa-9702-529fa782d63b
and install it
2. Apply the patch
3. Add your usual buildenv.pl and config.pl
4. Build Postgres using the Windows SDK 7.1 Command Prompt
5. Check if everything is working fine (build vcregress, ...)

> If someone with some more C skills than me could silence the warnings
> this would be a huge gain for build speed and testing. My previous
> attempts silenced the warnings but built a non-connectable backend.

This one still stands as it is. Probably not a big issue for anyone of you.

Regards,

Brar