Re: proposal: schema variables

From: srielau <serge(at)rielau(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: proposal: schema variables
Date: 2017-10-31 21:28:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel,

There is no
DECLARE TEMP CURSOR
or
DECLARE TEMP variable in PLpgSQL
and
CREATE TEMP TABLE has a different meaning from what I understand you
envision for variables.

But maybe I'm mistaken. Your original post did not describe the entire
syntax:
CREATE [TEMP] VARIABLE [IF NOT EXISTS] name AS type
[ DEFAULT expression ] [[NOT] NULL]
[ ON TRANSACTION END { RESET | DROP } ]
[ { VOLATILE | STABLE } ];

Especially the TEMP is not spelled out and how its presence affects or
doesn't ON TRANSACTION END.
So may be if you elaborate I understand where you are coming from.

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html