Re: foreign key locks

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kevin(dot)grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign key locks
Date: 2012-06-25 03:24:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of sáb jun 23 18:38:10 -0400 2012:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > So here's the rebased version.
>
> I found a couple problems on `make check-world`. Attached is a patch
> to fix one of them. The other is on pg_upgrade, pasted below.

Ah, I mismerged pg_upgrade. The fix is trivial, AFAICS -- a function
call is missing a log file name to be specified. Strange that the
compiler didn't warn me of a broken printf format specifier. However,
pg_upgrade itself has been broken by an unrelated commit and that fix is
not so trivial, so I'm stuck waiting for that to be fixed. (We really
need automated pg_upgrade testing.)

Thanks for the patch for the other problem, I'll push it out.

> I'm marking it as "Waiting for Author" since this seems like a "must
> fix", but I'll keep looking at it,

Great, thanks.