Re: foreign key locks

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kevin(dot)grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign key locks
Date: 2012-06-25 03:47:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of dom jun 24 23:24:47 -0400 2012:
> Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of sáb jun 23 18:38:10 -0400 2012:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> > > So here's the rebased version.
> >
> > I found a couple problems on `make check-world`. Attached is a patch
> > to fix one of them. The other is on pg_upgrade, pasted below.
>
> Ah, I mismerged pg_upgrade. The fix is trivial, AFAICS -- a function
> call is missing a log file name to be specified. Strange that the
> compiler didn't warn me of a broken printf format specifier. However,
> pg_upgrade itself has been broken by an unrelated commit and that fix is
> not so trivial, so I'm stuck waiting for that to be fixed. (We really
> need automated pg_upgrade testing.)

Well, I ended up pushing the pg_upgrade fix anyway even though I
couldn't test it, because I had already committed it to my tree before
your patch. If it still doesn't work after the other guys fix the
outstanding problem I'll just push a new patch.

In the meantime, here's fklocks v14, which also merges to new master as
there were several other conflicts. It passes make installcheck-world
now.

Attachment Content-Type Size
fklocks-14.patch application/octet-stream 89.1 KB