Re: Patch to add table function support to PL/Tcl (Todo item)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Karl Lehenbauer <karllehenbauer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to add table function support to PL/Tcl (Todo item)
Date: 2010-12-28 17:12:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Karl Lehenbauer's message of mar dic 28 12:33:42 -0300 2010:
> Project name: Add table function support to PL/Tcl (Todo item)
>
> What the patch does:
>
> This patch adds table function support (returning record and SETOF record)
> to PL/Tcl. This patch also updates PL/Tcl to use the Tcl object-style
> interface instead of the older string-style one, increasing performance.

While I don't use PL/Tcl myself, this seems a reasonable idea. However,
I think this patch does too many things in one step. It also contains
numerous superfluous whitespace changes that make it hard to assess its
real size.

I'd recommend splitting it up and dropping the whitespace changes (which
would be reverted by pgindent anyway).