Re: Inputting relative datetimes

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Vik Reykja <vikreykja(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inputting relative datetimes
Date: 2011-08-26 20:32:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Aug 25, 2011, at 5:08 AM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
>> Funny you should mention intervals...
>>
>> timestamptz 'today' - interval '5 days'
>> timestamptz 'now' + interval '2 hours'
>>

> Yes, but what I am trying to achieve is a way of entering such
> relative timestamps using a single input value, so that absolute and
> relative timestamps can both be bound to a SQL query using just one
> variable.

Even if the community doesn't want to add this to core, I think it would be a great add-on to put on PGXN. If you don't feel up to writing it themselves, perhaps you would pay one of the consulting companies to do it for them?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net