Exporting results from query window to a file displays success when it failed

From: mike <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: PG Admin <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Exporting results from query window to a file displays success when it failed
Date: 2006-12-05 04:05:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

Has something changed from 1.4 to 1.6 in how pgadmin exports files? In
1.6 RC1 I have had issues when exporting the results of a query to a
file that
A) I get the dialog box that says the Export completed sucessfully
B) Upon opening the file I find it is damaged because the results were
not completely exported. Maybe on row 66 the end of the line is not
present. The file should have had over 100 rows.
C) Running it again from the same query window the results noted in A
and B occur again but the actual number of rows written to the file are
completely different. Usually a fewer amount of rows get exported.
D) Copying and pasting the same query into a new query window, running
the query, and then exporting the data works successfully.

I have a co-worker who also had the same problems with the final release
of 1.6.

I have not tried 1.6.1 but it didn't appear that the changes made
between 1.6.1 and 1.6 would have affected this.

Client platform is WinXP SP2 and Database platform is Win2003.

I cannot reproduce this consistently.

Has anyone else seen this?

wxWidgets causing grief again?

Mike