Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Anyone still care about Cygwin? (was Re: [CORE] GPL
Date: 2006-06-26 14:02:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 08:28 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> Devrim was working with another potential contributor though, dunno
> how that's going.

Ok, I talked with them now. They need the following information:

- What type of hardware do we need? Is an Opteron enough? Memory? Disk?
- Do we need a private box, or is a VM enough?
- What is the average traffic of our web servers?

Bandwith is not cheap in Turkey, so they are inclined to put that server
somewhere outside Turkey.

They are ready to proceed, they just want to learn the details.

Regards,