Can't get the field = ANY(array) clause to work...

From: nboutelier(at)hotmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't get the field = ANY(array) clause to work...
Date: 2006-01-31 06:36:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Has anyone successfully used the "ANY", "ALL", or "SOME" clause using
arrays? Cant seem to get this to work. Heres the gist of my function
which returns a SETOF INTEGER[]...

DECLARE
id_var INTEGER[];
record_var RECORD;
BEGIN
id_var[0] := 1;
id_var[1] := 2;
id_var[2] := 3;
FOR record_var IN
SELECT id FROM myTable WHERE id = ANY(id_var)
LOOP
RETURN NEXT record_var.id;
END LOOP;
RETURN;
END;

I get an empty record set! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -Nick