Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for

From: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for
Date: 2006-01-31 06:28:42
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Jan 30, 2006, at 8:48 PM, Tony Caduto wrote:

> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>
> Have you looked at AutoPackage?
>
> http://autopackage.org
>
> screen shots.
>
> http://autopackage.org/gallery.html
>
> Has a GUI wizard if X windows is available and a command line
> wizard if no X is available.
>

> Using autopackage is similar to using MSI,Wise,Inno etc on Windows.

If that's the one that uses aptools it looks _excellent_. Until you try
and use it. It looked as though it would solve many of my packaging
problems, not least deploying on older platforms than the build box,
but simply didn't work on anything more complex than toy code.

I suspect that if you were just using it as a general installer, rather
than any of the portability magic, it might be worth a look.

Cheers,
Steve