Re: [BULK] Problems with vacuum!

From: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Domenico Sgarbossa" <domenico(at)xtecnica(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BULK] Problems with vacuum!
Date: 2004-06-18 18:58:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

I believe it was more like the kernel was tuned to make it less common,
but certain things can still trigger it. I know the problem was still
there in the 2.4.24 on the last server I was playing with, but it was a
lot less of a problem than it had been under 2.4.9 on an earlier machine
with the same basic amount of memory.