Re: [BULK] Problems with vacuum!

From: "Domenico Sgarbossa" <domenico(at)xtecnica(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BULK] Problems with vacuum!
Date: 2004-06-22 13:33:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

As you suggets I've tried to upgrade to the kernel 2.4.28, but it seems that
nothing change!
I built a new machine with Red Hat 8 (kernel 2.4.28) a 1GB RAM using the
same parameters i've been used before.
After the boot, i've got 800Mb of free memory, if a launch a pg_dump then
the system swap (only 1 or 2 mb.....) and the
free memory become 20mb.
Now, if I tried a vacuumdb the system use partially the cached memory then
begin to swap again.... with 700mb of cached
memory it's very strange that the system swap again....

anyone know why this happend?

Distinti Saluti

Sgarbossa Domenico
X Tecnica S.R.L.