Re: Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL types

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL types
Date: 2003-10-17 14:32:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 04:10, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I would like to port Compiere CRM from Oracle to PostgreSQL (and release it
> for free).

This would be wonderful. However, I believe the guys at Compiere tried
to do this already and gave up on porting it to postgresql due too a
couple of PostgreSQL limitations. I don't remember what they are
exactly, I think it had to do with nested transactions, maybe
savepoints, not sure exactly. You should be able to find some mention
of this on their site. It sounded to me like they use a lot of Oracle
features.

Good Luck!