Re: How to run multi-processor question

From: Ryan Mahoney <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>
To: "Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6(at)bcbsm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to run multi-processor question
Date: 2002-06-26 16:10:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Because of the multi-process design of postgresql it will automatically
take advantage of two (or more) processors if your kernel supports it.
As far as submitting to a specific process, the postmaster forks a
process for each connection, so each connection is getting a "fresh"
process and again it is up to your kernel to handle scheduling and
coordination.

-r