Re: Still problems with memory swapping and server load

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Still problems with memory swapping and server load
Date: 2002-06-26 15:22:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I don't know exactly how to find the offending queries. All I was able
to come up with is check top-output, nail down the pid and then scan
over the logfile to get some queries - but of course there's lots of
queries using this very pid subsequently. How do I determine the
details? Right now all I could see was that all the queries where using
the begin|declare sql_cursor|fetch|close sql_cursor|end-pattern induced
by the odbc-driver, I presume. How do I pinpoint the specific offender?

Regards,

Markus