Re: gforge

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Chris Ryan" <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: gforge
Date: 2003-12-01 19:23:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Chris,

I can understand and respect the wish of some ppl to move to another
infrastructure. We are reliant upon you, and if you do not have the time
to commit (which is completely understandable), then we should not
disadvantage the users (that probably sounds more harsh than is meant
but you get my drift :-) ).

That said, the upheaval of moving systems is also likely to cause
massive problems. The inconvenience and pain that this would almost
certainly cause must be weighed against the features you are unable to
work on.

> As for the direct development and maintenance of GBorg I
> often just simply lack the time to do anything beyond simple
> maintenance and some of the smaller enhancements requested by
> users. One of my biggest things I've been wanting to do it
> enhance the admin screens for project approval and turn that
> over to this list in the same manner that the news and events
> is currently done. If GBorg is to stay around some changes
> like that would be great to try and involve more people than
> just myself into the process. I could also come up with a
> list of things people have asked for in the past that could
> be worked on.

Whilst I cannot commit any programming time, if there is any maintenance
or similar work I can help out with then please let me know. Gborg is
the only one of our VMs I don't have root on so adding another probably
won't hurt!!

On the subject of admin pages, the news/events ones are fairly hacked
together. Don't be afraid to release similar pages on Gborg to relieve
the workload - as long as there are suitable warnings about any quirks
on them I'm sure we can cope.

Regards, Dave.

  • Re: gforge at 2003-12-01 20:49:11 from Chris Ryan