New 7.1.2 RPMS -- 7.1.2-2.PGDG

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New 7.1.2 RPMS -- 7.1.2-2.PGDG
Date: 2001-06-09 16:52:40
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-ports

Finally I have uploaded 7.1.2 RPMS, to
/pub/binary/v7.1.2/RPMS
on the ftp.postgresql.org master site. They should propagate out to the
mirrors directly.

There are changes -- most notably, the tests now go into /usr/lib/pgsql
instead of /usr/share/pgsql, as they are not _shareable_ files, but have
architecture-dependent components.

Next, the binary RPM's have built-in support for open-ssl -- but you have to
have OpenSSL installed to use it. For RedHat 6.2, you can get openssl binary
RPM's from your favorite Red Hat updates mirror (I like rufus.w3.org, aka
rpmfind.net).

Also, the source RPM is now in an RPM3-readable format -- my apologies to
those who had troubles with the RPM4 format source RPM.

Changes and bugfixes abound. Please see README.rpm-dist (available without
downloading the whole RPMset in the above mentioned directory) and the spec
file ChangeLog (rpm -qip --changelog postgresql-7.1.2-2.PGDG.i386.rpm) for
more information.

For rebuilders, the top of the spec file includes numerous macro tests --
defining these macros to various values causes conditional package building.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio