Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?

From: "Wes Williams" <wes_williams(at)fcbonline(dot)net>
To: "'Postgresql-General'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle 10g Express - any danger for Postgres?
Date: 2005-10-31 17:02:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Perhaps I'm the only one to actually have read the article?

Oracle 10g Express Edition HAS been available for free for development
purposes with the previously posted and reviewed limited licenses for quite
some time now.

The news the zdnet.com article is reporting suggests Oracle WILL, by years
end, make the same software available for free - even in production and
commercial use. The Oracle 10g Express Edition is still limited software by
means of hardware resources available to the database and a 4Gb [user] data
file limit.