Re: pgAdmin III No Trigger Functions available

From: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>
To: "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III No Trigger Functions available
Date: 2003-09-01 08:32:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin III No Trigger Functions available

> Donald Fraser wrote:
>
> > pgAdmin III version 0.9.1 24th Aug 2003
> >
> > I have several trigger functions listed in the tree view of the
> > database under trigger functions.
> >
> > When attempting to assign a trigger to a table event there are no
> > trigger functions available in the drop down list and I cannot
> > manually enter one.
> >
> Strange. What pgsql version are you running on? Will the combobox show
PostgreSQL version 7.3.4 on Redhat, GCC 2.96

> the builtin functions (RI_FKey_check_ins etc) if you enable system objects?

Yes - when I enable system objects I get all of the trigger functions
available - system ones (RI_FKey_..) and my own.
When it is not enalbed I get nothing.

> SELECT proname FROM pg_proc WHERE prorettype=2279 is used to fill the
> combobox. 2279 should be the oid of the "trigger" type. Check if this is
> true for your procs.

Executing the above query produces the exact list that appears in the combox
box when I have system obejects enabled.

Hope that helps?

Regards
Donald Fraser.