Re: pgAdmin III No Trigger Functions available

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Donald Fraser <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>
Cc: "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III No Trigger Functions available
Date: 2003-09-02 08:50:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Donald Fraser wrote:

>>the builtin functions (RI_FKey_check_ins etc) if you enable system objects?
>>

>Yes - when I enable system objects I get all of the trigger functions
>available - system ones (RI_FKey_..) and my own.
>When it is not enalbed I get nothing.
>

>>SELECT proname FROM pg_proc WHERE prorettype=2279 is used to fill the
>>combobox. 2279 should be the oid of the "trigger" type. Check if this is
>>true for your procs.
>>

>Executing the above query produces the exact list that appears in the combox
>box when I have system obejects enabled.

So your obviously functions are recognized as system trigger functions.

SELECT c.oid, c.relname , nspname
FROM pg_class c
JOIN pg_namespace n ON n.oid=c.relnamespace
WHERE relkind='r'
AND (n.oid = 2200 OR n.oid >= 17137)
AND n.nspname NOT LIKE 'pg\_temp\_%'
ORDER BY relnamespace, c.relname

is the query to retrieve non-system trigger functions. 2200 is public's
oid, and 17137 is the last system oid on my system, might be different
for yours. Please check which restriction doesn't fit.

Regards,
Andreas