Re: getting information of tables and indexes

From: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "Srikanth Utpala (Virinchi)" <SrikanthUtpala(at)virinchi(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: getting information of tables and indexes
Date: 2005-04-02 23:58:11
Lists: pgsql-general

You can query the information schema:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/information-schema.html

More specifically:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/infoschema-columns.html

Hope that answers your question.

Sean

----- Original Message -----
From: Srikanth Utpala (Virinchi)
To: pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 1:42 AM
Subject: [GENERAL] getting information of tables and indexes

Hi

I am Srikanth. I want to get the information about all tables in the existing postgresql . I want list all the tables and its columns information by executing a simple SQL statement like in oracle. We have a view like "user_tab_columns" in oracle to get all the information of the tables of a user. Can we have nay option like this in postgresql can u help out in this.

And also I want to get all constraints in the database and also respective parent tables and parent columns for the referential constrains. Please help in this issues.

I will be thankful to you for your helping in this

Regards,

Srikanth.Utpala

(send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)