getting information of tables and indexes

From: "Srikanth Utpala (Virinchi)" <SrikanthUtpala(at)virinchi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: getting information of tables and indexes
Date: 2005-04-01 06:42:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am Srikanth. I want to get the information about all
tables in the existing postgresql . I want list all the tables and its
columns information by executing a simple SQL statement like in oracle. We
have a view like "user_tab_columns" in oracle to get all the information of
the tables of a user. Can we have nay option like this in postgresql can u
help out in this.

And also I want to get all constraints in the database and also
respective parent tables and parent columns for the referential constrains.
Please help in this issues.

I will be thankful to you for your helping in this

Regards,

Srikanth.Utpala

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/jpeg 2.7 KB